September 10, 2009

"skull full of mush"

Today, I had my first Contracts class and I was called on. Standing up in front of the whole class wasn't too scary. I just had to give my thoughts on a hypothetical in our book. So far this first week of classes has been smooth sailing. I'm 3 down, 1 to go. Tomorrow, I have Criminal Law. I'm really happy with the professors so far, and tomorrow should be any different. My "ambassador" from Cooley tells me good things about the prof I have for Crim Law.

Before I went to Contracts this afternoon, I couldn't help but to think of The Paper Chase. Thankfully, my class wasn't quite the same. The movie, made in the 70's, is about a first year student at Harvard Law. It particularly focuses on his Contracts class with the greatly feared Kingsfield. Not sure how many of you would enjoy it, but it's a classic and I found it to be entertaining and frightening. In honor of my Contracts class, I present you with a link for a clip from the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment